The Art of creating G/L account
As a SAP consultant many times we underestimate the importance of Master Data
Here we will see how a consultant can provide support using his experience
Ticket raised with description: Need a G/L account 1234 – Cash pool PLN
The company presents in multiple countries
Shares the same chart of accounts
1. Check whether G/L is created in the chart of account or not
2. To find the company code check users parameters in SU01 transaction
3. The G/L is a balance sheet account (can understand from the description)
4. The currency of G/L account is PLN
5. check company code currency, if different than PLN then
6. Need to add this G/L into foreign currency valuation
7. If G/L is not managed as an open item basis then find out the exchange rate difference keys available and assign in G/L master
8. If G/L is managed as open item basis then have to do configuration to include the account in foreign currency valuation (maintain configuration for account key KDF)
9. Generally, cash account is not managed as open items, if it is not a sub-account of any main bank
10. Check the preceding and succeeding Accounts to know is this G/L sub-ledger to the main bank account
11. If it is sub-account (like incoming and outgoing account) then should be open item managed
12. Field status of bank account (with mandatory value date)
13. Description maintenance language (check the maintenance language of the chart of accounts and the local language of user if different then maintain description in local language as well)
And the G/L is created by one sentence of description. Without any need of asking anything to user.
Hope you would find this interesting. If you want to know more about G/L accounts, then you will find this blog helpful Everything about General Ledger account
If you have any suggestions or questions do let us know in the comment section or you can also write us directly.
Sign up with us to get an update of a new blog post.
Till then you can have look at our ebooks.